GuestSwitch Accountinbox () · Alerts () · new posts // controls · logout // adminCP · modCP //
toggle sidebar
· scroll to top
sword & crown
autumn, year 307
current event
iris
lyss
kate
ani
alex
sprinkles

Add Reply
New Poll

firestone, potential LI??
ÉLODIE RAINIER
lady, currently at ravensreach, twenty nine years old, played by iris, shipper , dev
ELDUR

open name, open face, new/pre-existing characters, 25-40 years old
tw: mentions of abuse

I'm going to start this off by saying this will be a very slow burn ship for a number of reasons, and for those reasons I'd rather not rush headlong into the whole ~being in love~ deal straight off the bat.

Elodie is the daughter of a very wealthy merchant from Spurling, and a cousin to the now proven-traitors to the crown Ambrosis via her mother. She was the sole child of theirs to survive until adult hood, however her parent's ambitions were too much to really love their daughter, and they only saw how useful she could be in securing them ties to other wealthy people, namely securing themselves a position closer to nobility. That, and she wasn't a son, which was a huge disappointment for her father because he wanted a male heir to pass the family business on to.

A few years ago, Elodie was married to the now deceased Lord of Ravensreach; he had a horrible reputation, but being the head of an extremely wealthy seat made her parents look past that, and they secured her betrothal to him. Her years of marriage to him were really bad - he was abusive, and the only respite she got from it was when she was pregnant with their daughter, and after he died (after being killed by her brother-in-law, but that's a secret that she'll take to the grave). Her brother-in-law, in turn, died at the start of the war on the front lines, leaving Ravensreach in the hands of his cousins.

This all being said, her marriage and what she suffered through it is the main and most important reason why this needs to be a slow burn ship. She doesn't trust easily and considering all that she's been through, it will take her a lot of time to come and trust anyone intimately, let alone believe that they have her best interests in mind. I'd also rather not romanticise any of it or make this a plot where she's 'fixed' by anyone either, as it all needs to come from her and be her own decision. But, she also does deserve someone who truly loves her.

The character is really quite open, however they're probably a member of nobility, a knight or something of the sort as it would be who she mostly has anything to do with, though I'm open to other suggestions. I'd also ask that their interest is not started because of ambition; ambitious characters are welcome, it's more that it would be extremely difficult for her to develop feelings for anyone who was planning to use her position/her daughter's position to better themselves, even if that plan and their feelings changed for them (ie: she's been used enough in her lifetime so she needs a break from that). Potentially, they could also be a character she's met in her past before so has some idea of who they are/some level of trust of them already.

And I'd also really like to thread them a bit and see how it all goes to start with as well, to make sure that they click with each other!

Feel free to combine this with other want ads as well, but otherwise, just post here/pm me or something if you're interest!

posted on Jul 16 2017, 01:05 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
ÉLODIE RAINIER
lady, currently at ravensreach, twenty nine years old, played by iris, shipper , dev
ELDUR

bumping because he's open again!

posted on Dec 26 2017, 12:44 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
ÉLODIE RAINIER
ELDUR

i believe this is open again!

posted on May 7 2018, 10:54 PM, permalink
, , , Quote,
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll