GuestSwitch Accountinbox () · Alerts () · new posts // controls · logout // adminCP · modCP //
toggle sidebar
· scroll to top
sword & crown
winter, year 307
current event
iris
lyss
kate
ani
alex
sprinkles

Add Reply
New Poll

carry on, carry on, + lisbet haxthausen
LUCIAN MONTFAUCON
ambassador, currently at travelling, twenty nine years old, played by lyss, shipper , dev
ELDUR

lady lisbet haxthausen
Lady Haxthausen

It is my most fervent hope that the gods would watch over you and keep you in health and happiness; you must most surely be in grave need of it, considering your upcoming journey to Longmeadow. Not that it is the journey itself that chains me with concern - bandits and war criminals are nothing compared to the collective might of House Montfaucon - this, I say with more shame than pride; and for having these words written in ink where my sisters could read and forever hold over my head, I would ask that you burn this missive soon upon reading it.

I'm certain such an act would pain you so, what with how little you've seen of me in past weeks. Never fear, my lady, I'll gladly write more - and perhaps sketch for you the renovations being made to the Deeplake keep, or else my cousin's face when he falls into a deep, exhausted sleep - to soften your loss, busy as I am.

Do you see what I would do for you, my lady? Would you give me your word, then to make that aforementioned journey? I would accept little else.

Your future- most gracious host,

Lord Lucian Montfaucon.

posted on Aug 3 2017, 06:30 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
LISBET HAXTHAUSEN
lady-in-waiting, currently at windemere, 22 years old, played by iris, shipper , dev
ELDUR

lord lucian montfaucon
Lord Montfaucon,

Your family is worse than bandits and war criminals? You are certainly doing an excellent job of painting a picture of them that would make me want to come to Longmeadow – but luckily for you, the Lady Advisor has already requested my attendance so yes, I will be travelling to your home.

(and, luckily, I have met some of your siblings at least in passing, so I believe I am safe)

I’ve had more than my fair share of work to keep me occupied from pining in your absence, I promise you. In fact, I think the other ladies have been keeping me busy lest they otherwise find me climbing trees in the palace gardens, or telling off the stable boys. One had the thought to tell me that my horse is ‘far too much’ for a lady of my standing last week, and I don’t quite think he’s recovered.

I will hold out my judgement on your drawing when I receive it – I’d quite like to know if you can draw more than stick figures.

Lady Lisbet Haxthausen

posted on Aug 19 2017, 10:50 PM, permalink
, , , Quote,
LUCIAN MONTFAUCON
ambassador, currently at travelling, twenty nine years old, played by lyss, shipper , dev
ELDUR

lady lisbet haxthausen
Lady Haxthausen,

(This letter is written with the assumption that you are a lady as honorable as you are lovely; an assumption I know in my heart could not ever be proven false, and an assumption that leads me to firmly believe that you've done to my previous missive as I had so humbly asked.)

I begin again: Lady Haxthausen,

The affront! I would beg that you not paint such a picture of my family to my family, out of concern that they might not think as highly of your sense of humor as I do. (And to answer your question - my brothers certainly are not worse than bandits and war criminals, and my youngest sister is as sweet and she is a doted-on brat. My eldest sister, however, would certainly feel affront the other way around - that you would think her less fierce than the most dangerous group of men. I also have an abundance of family members in the form of sister-in-law, brother-in-law, cousins, and other relatives, but - and it does please me to say - you will see all of them soon enough, and decide for yourself on each head.)

I had not known you've become acquainted with some of my siblings already - may I ask which ones, if you had managed to differentiate between them? (I would ask your sincere opinion of their persons, too, but if you think yourself safe, I daresay they had refrained from sharing with you their truest colors.)

My relief, I think, at your lack of pining - it would have been most ungallant of me to hope for anything else. Though - and you are terrible for making me ask - do the other ladies actually know of your tendency to disappear into the trees? I cannot imagine how the Lady Advisor would feel about such a thing.

Though if the Lady Advisor thinks she has a better chance of keeping you off of it than I do, I would gladly pass the task onto her. The Gods know I've had little enough success with that. (Do tell me, though, when she finally tires of the effort; though my boys would be grateful for the break from watching that you not break your neck, I do imagine they would miss your snappish ways.)

(And may I point out, on this opportunity, that none of my boys have at least tried to keep you away from the horses.)

Do enjoy my drawing and the chocolates, my lady, and do write when you find the kindness in your heart to do so. I look forward to both your letters and to see your face once more.

Your friend,
Lord Lucian Montfaucon.

[attached is a beautifully drawn panoramic sketch of deeplake keep, with tiny stick figures and stick-horses rather ruining the sketch in the foreground]

posted on Sep 1 2017, 01:21 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
LISBET HAXTHAUSEN
lady-in-waiting, currently at windemere, 22 years old, played by iris, shipper , dev
ELDUR

lord lucian montfaucon
Lord Montfaucon,

Do not fret, I promise that I will not ask them if they have been involved in any highway robberies as of late, if that is what you are worried about. And I promise to act sufficiently intimidated of your eldest sister, should the need arise, lest she think that I find her not even slightly formidable. Should that suffice?

I have met Lord Oskar, briefly, while he has been in Windemere, for obvious reasons. That being said, however, he has spent far more time conversing with Lady Aine than he has with myself, and I have had my own duties to attend to – and I do not have a penchant for eavesdropping, either. Lady Victorina has been at the keep frequently since His Majesty married, with the rest of the Angharads, so I have met her in passing.

Both were pleasant encounters, so I will keep that opinion of them, unless given reason to believe otherwise – which I am sure that you will promise me will not occur.

I have had little chance to climb any trees, thank you very much; if you are not here trying your best to keep me out of them, then I have been far too busy to even consider it. That being said, I am sure that they have been keeping me busy on purpose.

We leave for Longmeadow in two days’ time, so you will get to see my face soon enough. If I did not know any better, I would say that you were the one pining after me, not vice versa. I would not blame you if you are, I am sure my company is delightful.

Lady Lisbet Haxthausen

P.S. thank you for the chocolates and the drawing. Your stick figures are beautiful.

posted on Oct 2 2017, 05:07 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
LUCIAN MONTFAUCON
ELDUR

lady lisbet haxthausen
lady haxthausen,

i cannot imagine why or when you would have had the occasion to run into potential highwaymen, but i do assure you that, in such a scenario, i can only predict that the villains would have only regret and fear for giving you the invitation to unleash your own brand of hellfire on them. that said -- no, that is not permission for you to seek out highwaymen to terrorize, regardless of whether or not they carry the name montfaucon.

you must know, though, that you only tease me with the mentions of my brother and his lady-love. and i would dearly love to be able to say that your cruelty shocks me, but neither my tongue nor my hand finds itself capable of lying to you. how is oskar, with lady aine? (and here you must applaud me for calling her by her name, and not addressing her as lady advisor once more. did you know that she terrorizes even the king's goldshields? i imagine that a little fact that would amuse you and your fellow ladies greatly, though i can't imagine any of you surprised.)

i should ask, too, related as i soon will be twice over to the angharads, how the new heir to that house is doing. i cannot imagine it having been an easy transition, and am glad my (terrifying) eldest sister is there to assist where she can. gossip for gossip - did you know that the rest of the family, myself included, had no idea of her nuptials to lord owain angharad until the last moment? i submit this to you as another example of her fearsome skill, and as another reminder to not cross her.

my dear lady, you must know that i never intend on making promises i cannot keep, though i must allow my siblings whatever deceptions they currently craft.

i hope - in truth - that this missive reaches you before you arrive; in greater truth, i must admit that the thought doesn't bother me either way - even exchanging letters with you, or writing to you letters that you might never reply, feels a balm against weeks of nothing.

safe journeys, lady lisbet. i will bless you with my delightful company soon enough.

your friend
lord lucian montfaucon.

ps. you are too kind, my lady. those stick figures were the only thing i'd drawn myself - a pity that they overpower the rest of the sketch so.

posted on Jun 7 2018, 11:57 AM, permalink
, , , Quote,
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll